Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Simon Kitching <si...@chello.at> on 2007/12/10 11:04:39 UTC

[tomahawk] proposed enhancement to calendar

Hi,

The project I am working on needs to allow users to select a month or a week. At the moment, the tomahawk calendar control only supports selecting a specific day.

Does anyone have an objection if I enhance t:inputCalendar to support a "selectMode" attribute?

selectMode=day, week, month.

The default is the current behaviour: "day". Here, each day in the calendar is a link that selects that day.

When mode=week, the days are no longer links, but just plain text. The "week of year" list on the left of the popup calendar becomes a link instead that selects the first day of the specified week.

When mode=month, a checkbox appears in the popup calendar just to the left of the close-icon. Days and weeks are plain text, not links. When the checkbox is clicked, the selected date is the first day of the specified month.

I've obviously concentrated on the popup for the moment, but will add equivalent feature to the inline calendar too.

If there are no objections, I'll create a JIRA issue then implement it.

By the way, the inline calendar does not currently support weeknumbers, like the popup one does. Adding support now would be tricky for backwards-compatibility reasons. Should it always appear like the popup does (changes current behaviour for inline)? If an attribute should control this, then should it default to true (changes inline default behaviour) or false (changes popup default behaviour)?

Regards,

Simon

Re: [tomahawk] proposed enhancement to calendar

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.
Ok sorry, I must have missed the date of the original mail
sometimes, I should not read the list between door and angle...

Werner

Posted by simon <si...@chello.at>.
Hi Werner,

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
The inline calendar is surely used less than the popup calendar, so
this might help with your decision ;)

regards,

Martin

--