Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be> on 2002/01/06 23:18:42 UTC

Re: Using webdav servlet

If you want to connect slide to your DMS repositry then you have to
implement the Store interfaces.

The are already some implementations available (JDBC,
filesystem,memory,...)
http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/architecture.html#Internal%20Architecture

The interfaces you have to implement are in org.apache.slide.store.*
the ones you need are:
- ContentStore
- LockStore
- NodeStore
- RevisionDescriptorsStore
- RevisionDescriptorStore
- SecurityStore

The easiest way is to start from the JDBC store and replace the database
calls with calls to your DMS.
Compile your now classes and put them in domain.xml to start.

It all depends on how easy your DMS maps onto the webdav entities.
Experiment a bit with the stores and read the webdav spec to get a
feeling what the DMS must support.

Regards
Dirk