Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Michel Chamberland <cr...@mc2.nu> on 1998/11/16 04:22:24 UTC

mod_proxy/3403: 1 win95 proxy client crashes when accessing a page with meta refresh tag

>Number:         3403
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       1 win95 proxy client crashes when accessing a page with meta refresh tag
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
the proxy doesnt crash, my wife's computer (win95 OSR2) which goes throught the apache proxy gives
vdx "blue screen" error in module ifs???.vdx  after this crash she has to reboot
her computer for it to be functional again. This happens when she is using Netscape
4.04 with the apache mod_proxy running on a SGI Indy Irix 6.5 machine. I am running
on my windows partion the same win95 realease with netscape 4.06 and dont have this problem.

i do not know if this is a netscape or apache problem BUT when she started using
the "goat proxy" my friend wrote the problems stoped right away. the bug is always
affecting her computer when she goes to our chat room at our web site (http://www.mc2.nu)
using the apache proxy. The only thing i can think of that this page has different from
the average page is a meta refresh tag that updates the chatroom's text.
anyways i dont want to send too much useless or usefull information. Just contact
me if i can be any help and if this bug is worth considering.
>How-To-Repeat:
run mod_proxy on a irix 6.5 indy, use a win95 osr2 client running netscape 4.04
and go to http://www.mc2.nu in the chat room.
>Fix:
i do not have any fix for this, sorry