Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Brent Atkinson <br...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/03 01:51:09 UTC

Update installation requirements from Java 5?

Greetings dev,

The root cause of
CONTINUUM-2712<https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-2712>,
is not clear at the moment, but when responding to it I couldn't help but
wonder if we might want to update the installation instructions on the web
site to suggest using Java 6 or later.

If it turns out to be caused by a dependency continuum uses that is built
with Java 6 or later, I am even more inclined to remove references to using
Java 5. It is at end-of-life and will only become more common moving
forward.

Brent

Re: Update installation requirements from Java 5?

Posted by Brent Atkinson <br...@gmail.com>.
That just makes too much sense. Sounds good.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Louis Smith <dr...@gmail.com>.