Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Michelle Yaiser <my...@adobe.com> on 2013/03/13 21:28:12 UTC

Flex content on the Adobe Developer Connection

Hi, Everyone.

I just heard from legal about getting the approval to donate Flex content that was published on the Adobe Developer Connection to Apache.

We can only donate the articles, tutorials, and examples - and the code in them - that are written by Adobe employees. That means we can't donate any of the content written by non-Adobe authors. All external authors select a Creative Commons license and sign a NELA (license agreement). Those licenses only give Adobe the right to post the content on Adobe sites.  Ownership of the content is retained by the author. The owner is the only one who can donate the content to Apache.

There have been mixed opinions on what, if any, ADC Flex content would be useful for Apache Flex users. You can find most of the content on the ADC from one of the two links below.  If you tell me that getting all content written by Adobe or Adobe employees is helpful and what Apache Flex wants, I will start prepping it for donation.

*         http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex.html

*         http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/article-index.html

Related, we are almost done with all the prep work that needs to be done in order to donate the Flex documentation. If anyone has any familiarity with Framemaker and GEP, you'll know that getting content out of those systems into a useful format is not easy and is very time consuming.  We'll be donating:

*         Using Flex:  http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flex/using/index.html

*         non-Flash Builder chapters of Accessing Data with Flex<http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flex/accessingdata/index.html>

I'm happy to answer any questions.
Cheers,
Michelle
Michelle Yaiser
Instructional Designer  |  Creative Cloud Learning
Adobe Systems  |  myaiser@adobe.com  |  781-839-1697

RE: Flex content on the Adobe Developer Connection

For those of us who were authors and wouldn't mind our content being migrated over -- how do you think we should proceed?  Do we just have the rights to donate it to Apache?

-Nick

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.

Posted by "Reynolds, Brian J (Brian)" <re...@avaya.com>.
There is a lot of good stuff on the devnet site.  If it does not get
donated, is it at risk of disappearing?  If the answer is yes or maybe,
then I'd prefer it be donated instead of lost.

Brian