Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Madushanka Fonseka <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/10 19:28:53 UTC

Derby Innovation to support fuzzylogy based Queries.

Hi,

I'm an M.Sc - Computer Science student and my research is based on querying
imprecise data on RDBMS.

My model of imprecise data querying is based on fuzzylogy and I have been
working with Apache Derby in this regard.

I'd like to submit a research paper in this regard to Apache and I'd like
to know the process of it.

Thank You.
Madushanka Fonseka
Computer Science Dept
Faculty of Engineering
University of Moratuwa
Sri Lanka

Re: Derby Innovation to support fuzzylogy based Queries.

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.
On 2/10/14 10:28 AM, Madushanka Fonseka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm an M.Sc - Computer Science student and my research is based on
> querying imprecise data on RDBMS.
>
> My model of imprecise data querying is based on fuzzylogy and I have
> been working with Apache Derby in this regard.
>
> I'd like to submit a research paper in this regard to Apache and I'd
> like to know the process of it.
>
> Thank You.
> Madushanka Fonseka
> Computer Science Dept
> Faculty of Engineering
> University of Moratuwa
> Sri Lanka
I don't know of an Apache process for reviewing or publishing academic
papers. Something like the following could be done:

1) A JIRA issue could be created which describes the research at a high
level and the paper could be attached to the JIRA. Reviewers could
comment on the JIRA.

2) The paper could be attached to the Derby wiki or maybe to the "Papers
and Presentations" tab here: http://db.apache.org/derby/blogs/index.html

The paper may contain significant IP. I don't know whether publication
on an Apache website would require a software grant:
http://www.apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt

Other ideas?

Thanks,
-Rick