Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Oleg V Alexeev <oa...@apache.org> on 2001/12/18 14:38:34 UTC

Re[2]: internationalization numeric formats

Hello ltorrence,

lpc> This is great for <bean:write>. How do you handle this for <html:text> tags?

Nothing. Because of html:text use values from ActionForm object.
ActionForm object must be instantiated and filled by string values
from buziness logic level. All string conversions must be perfomed on
phase of values converting from buziness level to the ActionForm
properties.

lpc> -----Original Message-----
lpc> From: Oleg V Alexeev [mailto:oalexeev@apache.org]
lpc> Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2001 3:52 AM
lpc> To: Struts Users Mailing List
lpc> Subject: Re: internationalization numeric formats

lpc> Hello Nathan,

lpc> Monday, December 17, 2001, 8:53:29 PM, you wrote:

NC>> Hi,

NC>> does struts support different formats for numbers dependent upon the
lpc> locale
NC>> of the user?  I've had a look in the bean write tag code which seems to
NC>> indicate using keys such as org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.format.float.
NC>> Should this be used in the Application.properties and
NC>> Application_de.properties files e.g:

NC>> org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.format.float=###,###,###,###,###.###

NC>> Cheers Nathan

lpc> Yes, you can define format string for every locale you use. You can
lpc> define default format string as

lpc>   org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.format.float=###,###,###,###,###.###

lpc> or you can define special format for every locale and specify it in
lpc> bean:write tag with 'formatKey' attribute -

lpc>   may.float.format=####.####

lpc>   <bean:write name="floatValue" formatKey="may.float.format"/>

lpc> <ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
lpc> <ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

--
Best regards,