Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by li...@wachovia.com on 2005/02/13 01:01:26 UTC

what is the usage of IPrimaryKeyConvertor

Some tapestry user said, IprimaryKeyConvertor is for:
----
An interface defining how the items iterated upon by this component will
be stored in the form as Hidden values. This interface allows only the
primary key of the items to be stored, rather than the whole item.
---

I think getPrimaryKey(objValue) is enough to achieve that purpose, why
need getValue(Object objPrimaryKey) ?
I think getValue() should enable me to get the object that is correspond
to a row in a table directly without having to go through reconstructing
the object using primary key, but I can't find such sample or I completely
misunderstood its usage, please help!