Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Richard Stagg <st...@lentil.org> on 1998/11/03 16:43:33 UTC

config/3336: Porting Apache to Cyberguard V2 machines

>Number:         3336
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       Porting Apache to Cyberguard V2 machines
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
It's not possible to compile Apache on a Cyberguard from a standard
package, as the "grok" doesn't know about the operating system and the
options for compilation are a bit weird.
>How-To-Repeat:
Just try it!
>Fix:
Yeh - I've worked out the porting. If you were to implement the following
changes, it'd work "out of the box".

Add this paragraph to "src/Configure"

   m88k-*-CX/SX|*|CYBER)
       OS='Cyberguard CX/SX'
       CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -D_CX_SX -Xa"
       DEF_WANTTHISREGEX=yes
       CC='cc'
       RANLIB="true"
       ;;

In src/include/conf.h, add (somewhere in the list of OS specific definitions)

   #elif defined(_CX_SX)
   #define JMP_BUF sigjmp_buf
   #include <sys/types.h>
   #include <sys/time.h>

This will now permit a normal Configure/Make build of Apache.

NB: This is NOT tested on Cyberguard Version 4 machines (but they run
SCO unix anyway).

I hope this is considered worthy of inclusion.

Regards

Richard Stagg