Posted to users@marmotta.apache.org by Khuong Dinh <Kh...@vrtx.com> on 2015/06/26 19:24:53 UTC

Question on how to query / update data in marmotta

Hi,

I and my colleagues set up a marmotta server to store graphDB.

I'm writing a java program that connects to marmotta, with url: www.bos1tomerol01:8070/marmotta<http://www.bos1tomerol01:8070/marmotta>.  I seem not finding much information on how to connect to marmotta and create a SPARQL query.

Do you guys know any example how to connect to a marmotta server and query / insert data to a graphDB?

Appreciate any help.
Khuong.

Khuong Dinh
Vertex Pharmaceuticals
50 Northern Avenue
Boston, MA  02210
Tel: (617) 961-7451
khuong_dinh@vrtx.com<ma...@vrtx.com>
617-961-7451 (x37451)
www.vrtx.com<http://www.vrtx.com>

This email message and any attachments are confidential and intended for use by the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify me immediately by replying to this message, and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. Thank you.

Re: Question on how to query / update data in marmotta

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
Hi Khuong Dinh,

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 7:24 PM, Khuong Dinh <Kh...@vrtx.com> wrote:

> I’m writing a java program that connects to marmotta, with url:
> www.bos1tomerol01:8070/marmotta.  I seem not finding much information on
> how to connect to marmotta and create a SPARQL query.

Marmotta provides a client library in Java:

http://marmotta.apache.org/client-library

You can use the following Maven dependency:

http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails%7Corg.apache.marmotta%7Cmarmotta-client-java%7C3.3.0%7Cjar

Sorry, but I guess besides the javadoc the documentation is not that good...

Do you guys know any example how to connect to a marmotta server and query
> / insert data to a graphDB?

Import can be done with SPARQL 1.1 Update, but we also provide other means
for importing data:

http://wiki.apache.org/marmotta/ImportData

Hope that helps.

Cheers,