Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Liang Chen <ch...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/27 01:39:23 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache PLC4X (Incubating) 0.1.0 [RC2]

Hi

1.
The below release candidate link is invalid, just i checked : should be :
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/plc4x/0.1.0-incubating/rc2/
The release candidates (RC2):
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/plc4x/0.1.0

2.i checked :
  - DISCLAIMER exists
  - LICENSE and NOTICE fine
  - no unexpected binary files
  - can compile from source with script "mvn clean -DskipTests package"

One comment : In README.md file, need to add incubating , likes Apache
PLC4X(incubating)

+1 from my side(non-binding)

Regards
Liang

Christofer Dutz wrote

--
Sent from: http://apache-incubator-general.996316.n3.nabble.com/

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache PLC4X (Incubating) 0.1.0 [RC2]

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Forwarding my +1 (binding)  from the dev list. IMO There’s some minor license/notice issues that need to be fixed for the next release, but congratulations on your first release.

I checked:
- incubating in name
- signatures and hashes good
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE and NOTICE need some work (see below)
- No unexpected binary fines
- All source files have ASF headers
- Can compile from source

LICENSE is missing license info for Netty and this ALv2 file [1]. (This is optional but recommended.) NOTICE is missing information from Netty's NOTICE file.

Do we know where [1] comes from and if so does it have a NOTICE file?

Thanks,
Justin

1. ./apache-plc4x-incubating-0.1.0/examples/google/src/main/java/org/apache/plc4x/java/examples/google/iotcore/MqttExampleOptions.java