Posted to users@camel.apache.org by yogu13 <yo...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/12 07:07:31 UTC

using TransactionErrorHandler with Camel and Karaf

Hi,

I went through earlier posts on this and it looks like the
TransactionErrorHandler is not supported as it uses Spring Tx in Osgi
Blueprint (not sure if this holds true for the latest version). It is also
assumed that in a transacted route onException wouldn't be used as any
exceptions are raised then the transactions has to be rolledback.  If this
is true, how can i handle certainly tasks which needs to be done if a
particular type of exception is thrown and rollback the transactions as
well?

Regards,
-Yogesh

Re: using TransactionErrorHandler with Camel and Karaf

Posted by yogu13 <yo...@gmail.com>.
anyone ?

Re: using TransactionErrorHandler with Camel and Karaf

Posted by yogu13 <yo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Claus!

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
You can use aries TX manager, but you need to use the spring api to setup it up.

There are some TX example with blueprint on the internet / github
repos. You may check the fuse by examples repos.

On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 6:17 PM, yogu13 <yo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Claus,
>
> Sorry missed a tiny detail we are using Aries Blueprint instead of
> Spring...Please let me know if it would still work
>
> Regards,
> -Yogesh
>
> On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 9:13 PM, Claus Ibsen-2 [via Camel] <
> ml-node+s465427n5768210h39@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> You can do onException and handled = false, then the TX will still
>> rollback but you can do certain tasks when the exception happens.
>>
>> Its the spring tx manager that is used, so you can use that with osgi.
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 7:07 AM, yogu13 <[hidden email]
>> <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=5768210&i=0>> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I went through earlier posts on this and it looks like the
>> > TransactionErrorHandler is not supported as it uses Spring Tx in Osgi
>> > Blueprint (not sure if this holds true for the latest version). It is
>> also
>> > assumed that in a transacted route onException wouldn't be used as any
>> > exceptions are raised then the transactions has to be rolledback.  If
>> this
>> > is true, how can i handle certainly tasks which needs to be done if a
>> > particular type of exception is thrown and rollback the transactions as
>> > well?
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > -Yogesh
>> >

>> > --
>>

>> --
>> Claus Ibsen
>> -----------------
>> Red Hat, Inc.
>> Email: [hidden email]
>> <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=5768210&i=1>
>> Twitter: davsclaus
>> Blog: http://davsclaus.com
>> hawtio: http://hawt.io/
>> fabric8: http://fabric8.io/

>> .
>> NAML
>> <http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com
hawtio: http://hawt.io/
fabric8: http://fabric8.io/

Re: using TransactionErrorHandler with Camel and Karaf

Posted by yogu13 <yo...@gmail.com>.
Hello Claus,

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 7:07 AM, yogu13 <yo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I went through earlier posts on this and it looks like the
> TransactionErrorHandler is not supported as it uses Spring Tx in Osgi
> Blueprint (not sure if this holds true for the latest version). It is also
> assumed that in a transacted route onException wouldn't be used as any
> exceptions are raised then the transactions has to be rolledback.  If this
> is true, how can i handle certainly tasks which needs to be done if a
> particular type of exception is thrown and rollback the transactions as
> well?
>
> Regards,
> -Yogesh

Claus Ibsen