Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by "Millies, Sebastian" <Se...@ids-scheer.com> on 2011/03/18 19:04:23 UTC

Load testing for SCA components?

Hello there,

can anyone share experiences, point to resources etc. regarding load testing
(a network of) SCA components?

I will start investigating if Apache JMeter can be used for this, but would also
consider commercial tools if JMeter proves inadequate. (There seem to be some
restrictions, like the Java Request requiring implementation of the JavaSamplerClient
interface.  How would you handle this?)

Most of my services have RMI bindings, with some JMS thrown in. So all the usual
HTTP/SOAP-RPC stuff will probably not help me much. (Although, I’ve got a Vaadin
Frontend, but that’s fast enough in itself and needn’t be tested.)

If this question is not sufficiently precise to admit of a precise answer, that would
be because of my total lack of experience in this area…

-- Sebastian