Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Rob Vesse <rv...@dotnetrdf.org> on 2016/11/02 10:19:42 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Lorenz Buehmann elected as Committer

All

The Apache Jena PMC have inivited Lorenz Buehmann to become a committer and we are pleased to announce that he has accepted

We have recognised Lorenz for sterling work he does in answering user questions and participating in discussions on the mailing lists. He is always courteous and polite in his responses even when dealing with questions that may not warrant that politeness. Answering questions and sharing knowledge are an important part of building a healthy community and it can often be a time-consuming task so the more people who are willing to help out the easier it is to share that load.

Being a committer also enables easier contribution to the project since there is no need to go via the patch submission process. This should enable better productivity.  Lorenz works regularly with Jena in his day job and hopes in time to be able to contribute some of that work that is generally applicable back to the community.

Committer is also an intermediate step to becoming of the project management committee who are tasked with managing the project on the half of the Apache software foundation. If you would like to learn more please see http://apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#roles

Please join us in welcoming Lorenz as a committer.

Regards,

Rob Vesse

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Lorenz Buehmann elected as Committer

Posted by tina sani <ti...@gmail.com>.
Congrats Lorenz.

Posted by David Moss <ad...@gmail.com>.
 Congratulations, Lorenz!

Posted by javed khan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Accept warm congratulation from my side also Lorenz.

Posted by "A. Soroka" <aj...@virginia.edu>.
Congratulations, Lorenz!

Posted by "A. Soroka" <aj...@virginia.edu>.
Congratulations, Lorenz!