Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Paul Stanton <pa...@gunnsoft.com.au> on 2008/04/01 06:11:29 UTC

T4 - Autocompleter without doing a full page re-render

Hi all,

I'm using the @Autocompleter component and have noticed that at each
interaction (lookup and selection) it essentially re-processes the whole
wrapping page at the back end. In this case, I have a couple of
sometimes large database lookups that are being re-queried and as a
result the autocompleter appears slow and the server is working far
harder than it needs to.

Is there a way of avoiding this excess processing?

Thanks, Paul.

Re: T4 - Autocompleter without doing a full page re-render

Posted by Marcus Schulte <et...@googlemail.com>.
You can distinguish between a "normal" render and an "ajax"-render via

getRequestCycle().getResponseBuilder().isDynamic(),

hth,

Marcus

On 01/04/2008, Paul Stanton <pa...@gunnsoft.com.au> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using the @Autocompleter component and have noticed that at each
> interaction (lookup and selection) it essentially re-processes the whole
> wrapping page at the back end. In this case, I have a couple of
> sometimes large database lookups that are being re-queried and as a
> result the autocompleter appears slow and the server is working far
> harder than it needs to.
>
> Is there a way of avoiding this excess processing?
>
> Thanks, Paul.

Marcus Schulte
http://marcus-schulte.blogspot.com

Re: T4 - Autocompleter without doing a full page re-render

Posted by Paul Stanton <pa...@gunnsoft.com.au>.
thanks marcus, i'll see if i can use that without 'dirtying' my code too
much.

p.

Posted by Marcus Schulte <et...@googlemail.com>.