Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2011/01/06 23:35:37 UTC

Re: Next steps with WebBeansContext?

On Dec 31, 2010, at 1:31 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> Some of these ideas are implemented in the patch attached to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OWB-511
>
> thanks
> david jencks
>
> On Dec 31, 2010, at 12:02 PM, David Jencks wrote:
>
>> I looked at the WebBeansContext recently and was a little surprised at what it does and doesn't do.  I wonder if what I want it to do is what David Blevins was thinking of as "next steps".

You pretty much got it.  The changes are a good next step.  We still have a ways to go as in OpenWebBeans proper (using the DefaultSingletonService) we still get most our hits through the static access to ServiceLoader.

68639 org.apache.webbeans.corespi.ServiceLoader
34129 org.apache.webbeans.util.AnnotationUtil
6063 org.apache.webbeans.util.WebBeansUtil
2170 org.apache.webbeans.test.TestContext
1832 org.apache.webbeans.component.AbstractOwbBean
1464 org.apache.webbeans.intercept.WebBeansInterceptorConfig
1402 org.apache.webbeans.inject.impl.InjectionPointFactory
1170 org.apache.webbeans.decorator.WebBeansDecoratorConfig
 736 org.apache.webbeans.container.InjectionResolver
 594 org.apache.webbeans.xml.WebBeansXMLConfigurator

The number #2 "false" static usage was AnnotationUtil, I just cut that.

>> As a more minor point I'm a little confused by the choice of some of the hardcoded services now in WebBeansContext.  Some make sense like ConversationManager where there is no interface and no subclasses, but some are specific implementations of service interfaces such as JndiService and ScannerService where IMO the Default* implementations are unlikely to be used in most integration contexts.

The hardcoded services are just the ones that I found in the map after a complete build/test (having printed all entries to file).  We can certainly trim those out if we want.

-David

Re: Next steps with WebBeansContext?

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Jan 9, 2011, at 1:44 PM, Gurkan Erdogdu wrote:

> I have corrected those errors in OWB side.
>
> For me, tomcat integration has passed TCK 1.0.4 CR2 with WebProfile.

This appears to work in geronimo also!!!!

many thanks
david jencks

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
with rev 1056785 all the standalone tck tests are passing for me so I think we only have the ProcessProducerMethod/Field tests to worry about as far as tck compliance.

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com>.
OK, now standalone TCK runs with no failure

mvn clean install -Ptck

Results :

--Gurkan

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com>.
Done.

revision 1056915.

--Gurkan

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com>.
David--

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
great news!

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 2:35 PM, David Blevins <da...@visi.com> wrote:
> On Dec 31, 2010, at 1:31 PM, David Jencks wrote:
>
>> Some of these ideas are implemented in the patch attached to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OWB-511
>>
>> thanks
>> david jencks
>>
>> On Dec 31, 2010, at 12:02 PM, David Jencks wrote:
>>
>>> I looked at the WebBeansContext recently and was a little surprised at what it does and doesn't do.  I wonder if what I want it to do is what David Blevins was thinking of as "next steps".
>
> You pretty much got it.  The changes are a good next step.  We still have a ways to go as in OpenWebBeans proper (using the DefaultSingletonService) we still get most our hits through the static access to ServiceLoader.
>
> 68639 org.apache.webbeans.corespi.ServiceLoader
> 34129 org.apache.webbeans.util.AnnotationUtil
> 6063 org.apache.webbeans.util.WebBeansUtil
> 2170 org.apache.webbeans.test.TestContext
> 1832 org.apache.webbeans.component.AbstractOwbBean
> 1464 org.apache.webbeans.intercept.WebBeansInterceptorConfig
> 1402 org.apache.webbeans.inject.impl.InjectionPointFactory
> 1170 org.apache.webbeans.decorator.WebBeansDecoratorConfig

Nice, your last change got us down another 200 or so static sync calls:

  OWB-503 status: 565 code uses
  Total of 94975 static synchronized accesses and 95398 hashed calls
in 340 tests
  Average of 279 static synchronized accesses and 280 hashed calls per test

The hashed calls count is no longer accurate as I haven't updated my
tracking hooks to count the new services map, but the static
synchronized is still good.

Here are the next top 10:

65558 org.apache.webbeans.context.ContextFactory
7976 org.apache.webbeans.util.WebBeansUtil
2420 org.apache.webbeans.intercept.WebBeansInterceptorConfig