Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Brian Smith <br...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/17 03:50:28 UTC

Store example, where is Item class defined?

Sorry, I'm missing something obvious here.Following
http://tuscany.apache.org/getting-started-with-tuscany.html:

package services;

import org.apache.tuscany.sca.data.collection.Item;
import org.osoa.sca.annotations.Remotable;

@Remotable
public interface Catalog {
Item[] get();
}

---> "Item cannot be resolved to a type".

Please throw me a bone.
Thanks,
Brian

RE: Store example, where is Item class defined?

Posted by "Phillips, Chad" <Ch...@gdit.com>.
Unless I'm looking a the wrong example, I think the import shown in the code in the e-mail is incorrect and that the Item class he's looking for is the one from the services package which is defined in the  ShoppingCart section of that getting started page.
> On that same page, scroll down to the ShoppingCart section where the Item class is defined.

Did you setup the Tuscany library with all the Tuscany dependencies ?
This Item is part of tuscany-data-api module.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: Store example, where is Item class defined?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 7:52 PM, Brian Smith <br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Found it- thank you.  Tutorial/Sample narration and screenshots threw me
> off.  It indicates that there should be no errors even prior to Item.java
> being defined.  I missed seeing it on my first scroll.  Long day.

I guess I'm the one having a long day... please use the following
link, which has the definition of the item class.

http://tuscany.apache.org/getting-started-with-tuscany-using-tuscany-eclipse-plugin.html

You can also find the whole sample available at

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/branches/sca-java-1.x/samples/store/

Posted by Brian Smith <br...@gmail.com>.