Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Jake Repp <Ja...@Ingeniux.com> on 2000/12/21 23:44:41 UTC

Exception Handling in Xalan-C

We are having some ammount of frustration lately with the variety and
inconsitency that XML/XSLT exceptions in the C++ implementations of Xerces
and Xalan. Right now there seem to be at least 4 types top level exceptions.
Is there any intiatives to unify the exception classes used in Xerces and
Xalan?

It seems from the outside that the C++ library support is not there and from
reading through the code it is hard to use it in a production environment.
What is the current state of developer support for Xalan-C?  How can our
company become more involved with the Xalan-C development?

As a side note we currently use a macro to catch the wide variety of
exceptions that can occur, many times exceptions are caught and not rethrown
in Xalan causing our team quite a few headaches.

Thanks,
Jake Repp
Software Engineer, Ingeniux, Corp.