Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Walid Aljoby <wa...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2017/09/28 17:29:34 UTC

IMetricConsumer not working

Hi Everyone,
I have some concerns with using a central bolt for collecting some statistics of interest from running topology.I tried to use IMetricConsumer, thus I employed storm-metrics-statsd from endgameinc/storm-metrics-statsd, for my topology, and configured it as:
## Metrics Consumers
 topology.metrics.consumer.register:
  - class: "org.apache.storm.starter.perf.StatsdMetricConsumer"
    parallelism.hint: 1
    argument:
           metrics.statsd.host: "10.10.10.20"
           metrics.statsd.port: 8125
           metrics.statsd.prefix: "storm.metrics."

However, when I run the topology I could see metric information in UI and seen that  storm-metrics-statsd run at one of machine workers.The concerns are about not seeing the 8125 port is running, and therefore I could not see any file for metrics anywhere..Anybody please have some suggestion?

Many thanks
Walid

|    |
endgameinc/storm-metrics-statsd
 storm-metrics-statsd - Storm Metrics module for reporting to statsd  |   |