Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com> on 2004/02/02 11:10:13 UTC

access log

I'm using the access log valve to record my traffic and I was wondering:

- if anyone was thinking of adapting it to write to a database via jdbc?

- if anyone has a script to import the daily log files into a mysql
database?

- how easy it would be to adapt the date output to '2004-02-02' instead
of '02/02/2004'?

rgds
Adam
--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.16 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 Debian

Re: access log

Posted by Peter Lin <tc...@yahoo.com>.

Log4J comes with a database appender, so in theory one could feed access logs to a database asynchronously.

peter lin

Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org> wrote:
There is already JDBCAccessLogValve. Look there first. I think there might be
bugzilla report or two against it so I don't know how good it is.

Personally I don't like using a database as an access logger. (Unless the
database is asynchronously filled using a buffer)

-Tim

Re: access log

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.