Posted to adffaces-dev@incubator.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> on 2006/07/12 04:31:38 UTC

Fwd: DOAP files for Podling

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>
Date: Jul 11, 2006 8:04 AM
Subject: Fwd: DOAP files for Podling
To: MyFaces Development <de...@myfaces.apache.org>

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Date: Jul 11, 2006 3:41 AM
Subject: Re: DOAP files for Podling
To: general@incubator.apache.org

Hi,

If anyone who uses Maven is interested I can whip off a plugin to
create a DOAP file from a POM so that they don't have to maintain
both files. For any elements missing in the POM that might be
required (don't know, haven't looked) the information can be placed
in standard properties for the purpose of creating DOAP files. Any
missing elements can eventually be added to the POM model.

Jason.

On 10 Jul 06, at 8:56 PM 10 Jul 06, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:

> Hey,
>
> the website requirements say nothing about a DOAP file for the
> Podlings. With the DOAP file a Polding is able to be listed on
> "projects.a.o"
>
> To me, there *shouldn't* be a DOAP file (see [1]) for a Podling, since
> a Podling is not a full ASF project. For adffaces (aka Trinidad)
> Podling, I created one, but I prefere not to *publish* that
> information on "projects.a.o"
>
> What is the exact rule on that?
>
> Greetings,
> Matthias