Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by ULLAS THARAKAN <ul...@hotmail.com> on 2000/10/20 12:00:17 UTC

Help me !

Hi,
I was trying to install TOMCAT for JSP in my WIN98 MACHINE. And I was failed
to start the server.When I used tomcat.bat then a new dos based winow popped
up and vanished at a flick.Can any body help me.
Thanks in Advance,
Ullas <ul...@hotmail.com>

http://profiles.msn.com.

RE: Help me !

Posted by Willie Wheeler <ww...@andrew.cmu.edu>.
You will need to set the TOMCAT_HOME environment variable on your machine.
(If you are using the newer Tomcat 4.0, then you will need to set
CATALINA_HOME instead.)  Then modify your startup.bat file so that it passes
the parameter 'run' to tomcat.bat instead of 'start'.  That way it won't
start up in a separate window.  (I don't know why it's set to 'start'--makes
it impossible to see what's going on--that's just a personal gripe though.)
:-)  Finally get a DOS shell, move to the directory containing startup.bat,
and type 'startup'.

	Willie