Posted to user@struts.apache.org by xianwinwin <xi...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/05 23:54:06 UTC

how to aliened checkbox list in a matrix style (10x5) [pic included]

Hi there,
I wonder if anyone knows how to align the check-box list in groups of 10 (or
20). as you can see from the picture below, the list (US states) are aliened
vertically (not a user friendly) is there anyway to have them in a
matrix-style (meaning all states will be in a matrix of 10x5 (plus 1) )

the code:

<s:form action="customizeBuyerCriteria"  validate="true" cssStyle="font-size
:	8pt; font-family: verdana" >

	<s:label>State</s:label><BR>

  	<s:checkboxlist name="selectedStates" list="states"
value="selectedStates" theme="simple"/>
  	<s:submit action="customizeBuyerCriteria_update" value="update"
theme="simple" />

</s:form>

http://www.nabble.com/file/p15862505/777.jpg 777.jpg

Re: how to aliened checkbox list in a matrix style (10x5) [pic included]

Posted by Othon Reyes Sanchez <ot...@gmail.com>.
I think you have to do it like a huy called mark that has his blog called
vita rara.
There he explain and post a code of how you can change the layout that is
generated by the xhtml theme.
Of course there is not a complete solution for your case but i think it can
help you alot.