Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by sudhish81 <su...@ust-global.com> on 2017/01/16 10:33:54 UTC

JAX-RS deployment in TomEE

I have a RESTful service running in IBM Websphere for which the web.xml, the
Jersey servlet definition is given as below
<servlet-class>com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.ServletContainer</servlet-class>

As I needed to migrate the service to TomEE, When I deployed the same
application in TomEE server without having any servlet definitions in
web.xml file, its working without any error. So my question is, how the REST
resources like GET and POST are getting called without any servlet
definitions in web.xml file. Does TomEE do this implicitly?

Re: JAX-RS deployment in TomEE

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Tomee builds an implicit Application. You can customize the mapping with
@ApplicationPath or Application servlet mapping. Except the implicit part
all is standard and jaxrs doesnt require any web.xml config by itself.