Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Erwan de FERRIERES <er...@nereide.biz> on 2010/01/25 11:08:48 UTC

Code violations in java OFBiz files

Hi all,

We've managed to install an Hudson CI server with checkstyle and PMD
tasks to analyse the java code source. If you want, I can also add the
ant targets to the project. Like Cobertura, the libraries are under a
non compatible license, so it will be necessary to add them "by hand".

At the moment, the sun java rules are used for checkstyle.

The result can be seen here :
http://selenium.neogia.org:3737/job/codeQualityOnOFBiz/violations/?

As you will see, there are a lot of issues...

The question is should we try to resolve them ? Or should we create our
own set of rules, to comply the OFBiz code ?

Erwan de FERRIERES
www.nereide.biz

Re: Code violations in java OFBiz files

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Fixing them in OFBiz is definitely the way to go - any continued contributions from you and your team would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Ruppert
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

Posted by Erwan de FERRIERES <er...@nereide.biz>.

Le 25/01/2010 15:08, Scott Gray a écrit :
> On 25/01/2010, at 3:08 AM, Erwan de FERRIERES wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We've managed to install an Hudson CI server with checkstyle and PMD tasks to analyse the java code source. If you want, I can also add the ant targets to the project. Like Cobertura, the libraries are under a non compatible license, so it will be necessary to add them "by hand".
>
> I know PMD's license is compatible (haven't checked the others), is there anything that checkstyle can do that PMD cannot?
Nice catch !
I don't think so, for the differences between the two. Maybe on
checkstyle the rules are already defined, and with PMD we have to create
them.

Checkstyle (from what I saw) is more looking at syntax miswritings, like
missing spaces, or stuff like that.

Here is an interesting analysis :
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/184563/checkstyle-vs-pmd

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.