Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by wise <wi...@net-bid.kharkov.ua> on 2000/04/04 04:44:41 UTC

Apache cuts param string from servlet

Hello,

the problem is (in Apache 1.3.9(Linux Mandrake 7 only)):

1. when I send, for example
http://localhost/examples/servlet/RequestParamExample?firstname=qwqw&lastname=werwe
to Apache, it cuts off param string and servlet is invoked without parameters
sent

2. when i send the same URL directly to Tomcat Webserver , servlet receives
parameters

3.. Our Application has been developed under Windows and successfully tested
with Apache Win32+Tomcat; we've encountered problems under Linux only

4. It seems, either Apache itself or mod_jserv.so cuts param string and send
bare URI to Tomcat

5. Can it be Apache or Tomcat misconfiguration?
6. Can it be the bug in connector(mod_jserv.so)?

Bye.

Victor Orlov

Re: Apache cuts param string from servlet

Posted by Jean-Luc Rochat <jn...@cybercable.fr>.
wise wrote:

> Hello,
>
> the problem is (in Apache 1.3.9(Linux Mandrake 7 only)):
>
> 1. when I send, for example
> http://localhost/examples/servlet/RequestParamExample?firstname=qwqw&lastname=werwe
> to Apache, it cuts off param string and servlet is invoked without parameters
> sent

it seems to be working here :
http://ma-planete.net/servlets/SuperSnoop?firstname=qwqw&lastname=werwe
(JServ answering)