Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by br...@hyperreal.org on 1998/05/20 03:31:14 UTC

Re: mod_auth-any/2040: with auth_db, if -ldb is linked, apache cannot find DEFAULT_USER or see User directives

Synopsis: with auth_db, if -ldb is linked, apache cannot find DEFAULT_USER  or see User directives

State-Changed-From-To: open-analyzed
State-Changed-By: brian
State-Changed-When: Tue May 19 18:31:13 PDT 1998
State-Changed-Why:
Hmm, I'm willing to bet the "-ldb" code causes all uses of
"dbmopen", both in the apache core but also in library code,
to use Berkeley DB rather than BSDI's DBM.  The reason this
would affect the user lookups is that BSDI (and other BSD's)
store their system user databases in, yes, DBM files, and not
in Berkeley DB format.

My guess is that "-ldb" is not the right thing to call at all.
I would suggest you write a simple program, say a clone of
the dbmmanage program in our distribution, and see what types
of libraries and code you need to write to actually open and
use Berkeley DB files on BSDI.  That would probably help you
figure out why the DB files aren't working under Apache.