Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by "Ushakov, Sergey N" <us...@int.com.ru> on 2002/05/01 11:52:34 UTC

org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -VALIDATE (was: "Xalan phone home" from xalan-j-users)

Wow, I would never guess... Then something is wrong with it. The facts are:

1. "org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process" from Xalan 2.3.1 does not mention it
among available options if being run without arguments.

2. The line
    // System.out.println(resbundle.getString("optionVALIDATE")); //"
[-VALIDATE (Set whether validation occurs.  Validation is off by
default.)]");
   is commented out in the "org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process" source (line
#158).

3. The block for -VALIDATE option processing is also commented out (lines
#423-438)

4. The "org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process" behavior convinces that validation is
_on_ by default.

I believe we really need it as an available option. Otherwise any offline
processing of documents compliant with public definitions will fail (and it
in fact does - if i instruct my firewall to deny http calls from java to
w3c, Xalan dies with an error message).

Regards,
Sergey