Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Li...@emc.com on 2007/08/23 21:52:44 UTC

SOAP 1.1 Fault Handling

I am having an issue handling a SOAP 1.1 fault.  So far, I am successful
up to this point:

axiom_soap_fault_t* soap_fault = axiom_soap_body_get_fault(soap_body,
env);

I next run this line:

axiom_node_t* fault_node = axiom_soap_fault_get_base_node(soap_fault,
env);

I know that this node is not empty since I can print it out using the
axiom_node_to_string function and see this example text:

<soapenv:Fault><faultcode>error</faultcode><faultstring>Error on
server</faultstring></soapenv:Fault>

Now the issue I am having is that I am trying to find some Axis2/C
library functions to parse this fault text, but I am having no luck with
this.  I have already tried parsing fault_node using
axiom_node_get_first_child and axiom_node_get_next_sibling with success.
I have tried another method to parse fault_node, but it is not working
for me and is more desirable than the first method.  When I run this
line of code:

axiom_element_t* fault_elem =
(axiom_element_t*)axiom_node_get_data_element(fault_node, env);

I find it that it is (null) when I print it out.  I would think that by
initializing fault_node, its underlying data_element should have been
set, but it is not.  Is this a bug in the library?  This is a little
digression from my initial issue, so back to that...

With the soap_fault object, I know that I can use the axiom_soap_fault.h
functions on a SOAP 1.2 object with success.  However, this library does
not have any functions for parsing a SOAP 1.1 object.  Is there a way
for me to parse the soap_fault object directly without creating a
fault_node object when the SOAP fault is SOAP 1.1?

Thanks!

RE: SOAP 1.1 Fault Handling

Posted by Li...@emc.com.
I have tried doing as you said, Nandika.  But, I am still not able to
get a non-NULL value for the axiom_soap_fault_reason variable.  I know
that when a fault reaches the client, I have other code that can print
the "faultstring" and "faultcode" without using the axiom_soap_fault.h
functions.  However, the axiom_soap_fault.h functions still aren't
working for me.  Here is the exact HTTP message I get from the server
when a fault occurs (I am omitting some values...):

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error

start-info="text/xml"; charset="UTF-8"

--MIMEBoundary5642e130-5590-1dc1-398c-000c297a832c

content-transfer-encoding: binary

content-id: <0....@apache.org>

content-type: application/xop+xml; charset=UTF-8; type="text/xml";

<soapenv:Envelope
xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><soapenv:Heade
r/><soapenv:Body><soapenv:Fault><faultcode>soapenv:Server</faultcode><fa
ultstring>Error in operation
'...'</faultstring></soapenv:Fault></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>

--MIMEBoundary5642e130-5590-1dc1-398c-000c297a832c--

Any ideas where the problem may lie?

Thanks!

Edward

Posted by Nandika Jayawardana <ja...@gmail.com>.