Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Vikram Singh Chandel <vi...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/24 12:21:28 UTC

How to get Last access time of a record

Hi

We are planning to implement caching mechanism for our Hbase data model for
that we have to remove the *LRU (least recently used)  records* from the
cached table.

Is there any way by which we can get last accessed time for a record,
primarily the access will be
using *Range Scan and Get *

--
*Regards*

*VIKRAM SINGH CHANDEL*

Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary,Reduce.
Reuse. Recycle. Save our planet.

Re: How to get Last access time of a record

Posted by Vikram Singh Chandel <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Doug

*80m records* were in *3 year* data set whose HFile(s) size is around 47 Gb.
We have *75 year dataset also *(3,5,7,10,25,50,75 years) and that has a
HFile(s) size of 2.7 Tb around for a single table.

We are now planning now to use a *Post Get Observer*
that will write the get/read time to the Metric(say) Column Family->Last
read column

Posted by Doug Meil <do...@explorysmedical.com>.
Hi there,

Posted by Vikram Singh Chandel <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vladimir

<vr...@carrieriq.com>wrote:

> I recommend you work a little bit more on design.
> NoSQL in general and HBase in particular are not very good at joining
> tables, but very good at point and range queries.
>
> Sure, you can do some optimizations in your current approach: create CACHE
> table as IN_MEMORY, set TTL for say 1day (or less, depends
> on the data volume your are able to store ) and utilize HBase internal
> block cache (which is LRU) for that table.
>
> Best regards,
> Vladimir Rodionov
> Principal Platform Engineer
> Carrier IQ, www.carrieriq.com

Confidentiality Notice:  The information contained in this message, including any attachments hereto, may be confidential and is intended to be read only by the individual or entity to whom this message is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent or designee of the intended recipient, please note that any review, use, disclosure or distribution of this message or its attachments, in any form, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and/or Notifications@carrieriq.com and delete or destroy any copy of this message and its attachments.

Re: How to get Last access time of a record

Posted by Vikram Singh Chandel <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vladimir,

Posted by Vikram Singh Chandel <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi