Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Warner Onstine <sw...@warneronstine.com> on 2003/11/08 00:01:04 UTC

validation question

So, I decided to check out Tapestry again (thanks to Erik and his
rantings) and so far I like the changes that I see (I looked at it
before it had gone to OGNL for it's binding). I especially like the
WebOGNL like capabilities of defining bindings in the HTML (I know it's
not the purist point of view ;-).

Anyways, I am just trying to play around a bit and implement a simple
login page. Right now I'm not tying to a db although that will be next.
I just wanted to keep it as simple as possible.

So, I need validation and want to play with it a bit. So, I created all
of my fields as ValidFields and added in all the mappings, whatnot into
the pages. Now, I'm in the java file and want to grab the delegate. My
question is this:
I want to validate that this user exists in the db and if the password
matches. If one or the other fails I need to send back a custom error
message. I can't see exactly how to do this with the delegate. Or, is
there another way?

Thanks in advance. I've just been pouring over all the different docs,
Web sites, whatnot for the past 2 days to get ready to play with this
stuff, and I didn't run across anything like this (probably missed it
somewhere).

-warner

Re: validation question

Posted by Colin Sampaleanu <co...@exis.com>.
Take a look at the virtual library (vlib) sample's Login page. It does
basically what you describe here.