Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Jo...@bgs-ag.de on 2008/08/28 16:27:06 UTC

Problem with (Hot-)Deployment

Hi,

we use Geronimo 2.1.1 and after including JMS functionality we have
deployment-problems. E.g. a hot-deployment leads to the log-entry:

15:48:49,286 INFO  [DirectoryHotDeployer] Redeploying MyApp.ear
15:48:50,295 INFO  [startup] Undeploying app:
/opt/geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1.1/var/temp/geronimo-deploymentUtil52184.jar

And that's it. It rests for hours in this status. A workaround is to
delete the application directly in the repository-filesystem and changing
the config.xml

Any ideas where the problem could be? (Geronimo 2.1.2 is in evaluation,
but Hotdeployment doesn't work as well)

-Thanx
BGS Beratungsgesellschaft
Software Systemplanung AG         Niederlassung Rhein/Main
Robert-Koch-Stra�e 41
55129 Mainz
Fon: +49 (0) 6131 / 914-0
Fax: +49 (0) 6131 / 914-400
www.bgs-ag.de Gesch�ftssitz Mainz
Registergericht
Amtsgericht Mainz
HRB 62 50
  Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender
Klaus Hellwig
Vorstand
Hanspeter Gau
Hermann Kiefer
Nils Manegold

Antwort: Re: Problem with (Hot-)Deployment

Posted by Jo...@bgs-ag.de.
Hi Lin,

I made some more tests concerning my problem this morning:
I can't redeploy the application using the console (Applications - Deploy
New) or the hotdeployment (copying EAR with WAR andJAR). I can't even open
in the console Applications - Application EARs, it is not responding,
therefore I can't undeploy using the console.

For your first time hot deployment question, I tried the following:
* stop Geronimo
* delete EAR from hot deployment directory
* delete EAR-entry from config.xml
* start Geronimo
* do Hotdployment

08:58:20,616 INFO  [DirectoryHotDeployer] Redeploying MyApp.ear
08:58:22,257 INFO  [DirectoryMonitor] Hot deployer notified that an
artifact was removed: myapplication/app/1.0/ear
09:00:05,336 INFO  [DirectoryHotDeployer]     Redeployed
myapplication/app/1.0/ear

And the application is working !!!

-Josef

"Lin Sun" <li...@gmail.com>
28.08.2008 17:08
Bitte antworten an
user@geronimo.apache.org

An
user@geronimo.apache.org
Kopie

Thema
Re: Problem with (Hot-)Deployment

Hi,

I am not sure what the prob is... just some questions for now.   Does
this fail only on the redeploy?   In other words, was it successful
when you hot deploy the ear file the first time?   Can I assume that
you have packed the geronimo application specific plan file into the
ear project?

Lin

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi,