Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Bryan Davis <br...@bea.com> on 2007/03/07 19:11:29 UTC

Re: 1.2.x repository hanging for 1+ minutes... (CacheManager resizeAll size=6)

Just FYI, we have localized the performance issue to time spend pushing and
pulling data through the PM SPI.  There is another thread called "Database
Persistence Managers" where we are talking about this...

Bryan.

On 2/22/07 9:18 AM, "Bryan Davis" <br...@bea.com> wrote:

> Those messages may be a red herring, but they do seem to coincide with slow
> response time, and are frequently reported by users during periods of slow
> response.
>
> We are still investigating an issue related to iterating through the results
> of a query (during which many of these messages are emitted)...
>
> I will try to get a thread dump and post it later on today.
>
> Bryan.
>

> On 2/22/07 5:04 AM, "Brian Thompson" <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> They appear with such frequency that they are alarming (i.e. several
>> times per request).  Also, it seems like CacheManager resizing slows
>> down response time in my web application.
>>
>> -Brian
>>

>> Stefan Guggisberg wrote:

>>> why do you want to tweak the configuration? please note that the cache
>>> manager msg's are nothing to be worried about, there's nothing wrong
>>> with those cache manager msg's, they're  logged as 'INFO' ...
>>>
>>> cheers
>>> stefan

> by email and then delete it.

by email and then delete it.