Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Des Smith <de...@hotmail.com> on 2008/05/20 13:58:12 UTC

ActiveMQ exclusive.consumer in version 5.1.0 of broker

I'm using ActiveMQ 5.1.0 broker.

Ive set up 2 consumers to listen for messages from a producer. Both are
created with queue as exclusive consumer

I'm using a single broker.

I'd expect that the first listener to connect to the broker would get all
messages that I produce on the queue.

I'm seeing most of the messages going to one queue, but some going to the
second consumer.

ie sending 10,000 messages, in some cases 9999 go to first and 1 goes to
second.

Am I using the exclusive consumer correctly? Is this a bug in version 5.1.0
broker?

Re: ActiveMQ exclusive.consumer in version 5.1.0 of broker

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Could you create a junit tests and post it?  That would be the best
way for us to verify if it's a bug or not.

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 7:58 AM, Des Smith <de...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using ActiveMQ 5.1.0 broker.
>
> Ive set up 2 consumers to listen for messages from a producer. Both are
> created with queue as exclusive consumer
>
> I'm using a single broker.
>
> I'd expect that the first listener to connect to the broker would get all
> messages that I produce on the queue.
>
> I'm seeing most of the messages going to one queue, but some going to the
> second consumer.
>
> ie sending 10,000 messages, in some cases 9999 go to first and 1 goes to
> second.
>
> Am I using the exclusive consumer correctly? Is this a bug in version 5.1.0
> broker?

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Open Source SOA