Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by David Reid <da...@jetnet.co.uk> on 2005/11/04 23:32:25 UTC

IP strings

On helio.a.o IP addresses in the log have their last 2 parts repeated
and appended, so 24.5.108.151 gets shown as

Client IP: 24.5.108.151108.151

I'm guessing it's a 64-bit thing but while not fatal we should try and
fix it.

I'll try and run the tests to see if it shows up there unless anyone can
point at the code straight away?

david

Re: IP strings

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.
On Sat, Nov 12, 2005 at 02:14:21PM +0000, David Reid wrote:
> Joe Orton wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 10:32:25PM +0000, David Reid wrote:
> >
> >>On helio.a.o IP addresses in the log have their last 2 parts repeated
> >>and appended, so 24.5.108.151 gets shown as
> >>
> >>Client IP: 24.5.108.151108.151
> >

> > Can you run the APR test suite on this box and post the result?
> > (testall -v -q)
>
> Sorry it's taken a while, but output is shown below
> testsock            :  Line 89: Problem binding to port (125): Address
> already in use

I've updated the test suite to avoid the bind problem (hopefully) - can
you re-run the tests again on this box?

joe

Re: IP strings

Posted by David Reid <da...@jetnet.co.uk>.
Joe Orton wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 10:32:25PM +0000, David Reid wrote:
>
>>On helio.a.o IP addresses in the log have their last 2 parts repeated
>>and appended, so 24.5.108.151 gets shown as
>>
>>Client IP: 24.5.108.151108.151
>

> Can you run the APR test suite on this box and post the result?
> (testall -v -q)

Sorry it's taken a while, but output is shown below

bash-3.00# ./testall -v -q
testatomic          :  SUCCESS
testdir             :  Line 249: cannot remove in-use directory
SUCCESS
testdso             :  SUCCESS
testdup             :  SUCCESS
testenv             :  SUCCESS
testfile            :  SUCCESS
testfilecopy        :  SUCCESS
testfileinfo        :  SUCCESS
testflock           :  SUCCESS
testfmt             :  SUCCESS
testfnmatch         :  SUCCESS
testargs            :  SUCCESS
testhash            :  SUCCESS
testipsub           :  SUCCESS
testlock            :  SUCCESS
testlfs             :  SUCCESS
testmmap            :  SUCCESS
testnames           :  SUCCESS
testoc              :  SUCCESS
testpath            :  SUCCESS
testpipe            :  SUCCESS
testpoll            :  SUCCESS
testpools           :  SUCCESS
testproc            :  SUCCESS
testprocmutex       :  SUCCESS
testrand            :  SUCCESS
testrand2           :  SUCCESS
testsleep           :  SUCCESS
testshm             :  SUCCESS
testsock            :  Line 89: Problem binding to port (125): Address
already in use

Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

Something isn't quite right :-(

david

Re: IP strings

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.

Re: IP strings

Posted by David Reid <da...@jetnet.co.uk>.
David Reid wrote:
> Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:
>
>>On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 10:32:25PM +0000, David Reid wrote:
>>

>>>On helio.a.o IP addresses in the log have their last 2 parts repeated
>>>and appended, so 24.5.108.151 gets shown as
>>>
>>>Client IP: 24.5.108.151108.151
>>>
>>>I'm guessing it's a 64-bit thing but while not fatal we should try and
>>>fix it.
>>>
>>>I'll try and run the tests to see if it shows up there unless anyone can
>>>point at the code straight away?
>>

>>Is this with an apr later than r290387 ? martin fixed an identical
>>looking bug with that revision :-)
>

> Head from a few days ago... Not sure what revision that makes it :-)

Actually, the machine doesn't have any IPv6 configured on it, so the
addresses won't be V4MAPPED. Probably need to look at the saem code though.

david

Re: IP strings

Posted by David Reid <da...@jetnet.co.uk>.

Re: IP strings