Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by "Narvekar, Bhakti Sunil" <bh...@iu.edu> on 2020/11/04 16:09:35 UTC

Regarding dockerization of Custos Admin Portal

Hello,

We are trying to dockerize the Custos Admin Portal which is implemented using Django and Vue.js. It would be great if anyone could give any suggestions on this.

Sincerely,
Bhakti Narvekar

Re: Regarding dockerization of Custos Admin Portal

Posted by "Christie, Marcus Aaron" <ma...@iu.edu>.
Hi Bhakti,

You might take a look at the airavata-django-portal Dockerfile [1]

This is really only used for development. It runs the dev server which isn't appropriate for production. But it's a start.

For production you probably want to look at using Docker with nginx and a wsgi server like Gunicorn [2] or uWSGI [3].

Might want to also think about how to handle Django's database. You can use MariaDB or some other database server. I think you are using a sqlite database file. That may be fine but you'll probably want to mount a volume to hold the file so it lives outside the container.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Marcus

[1] https://github.com/apache/airavata-django-portal/blob/master/Dockerfile <https://github.com/apache/airavata-django-portal/blob/master/Dockerfile>
[2] https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/3.1/howto/deployment/wsgi/gunicorn/ <https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/3.1/howto/deployment/wsgi/gunicorn/>