Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Xuefu Zhang <xz...@cloudera.com> on 2015/05/02 02:37:48 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Do we still support hadoop-1.2.x API (-Phadoop-1)?

To close the loop, I have created HIVE-10597 to fix all the compilation
errors on Hadoop 1. Once this is in, @Szehon, could you please include
compilation on Hadoop-1 in precommit test?

Whether or when to remove Hadoop 1 deserves a formal [DISCUSS] thread.

Thanks,
Xuefu

Posted by Szehon Ho <sz...@cloudera.com>.
Yes I think its a good compromise to at least add compilation of -Phadoop-1
until we reach consensus on a timeline.

I have actually filed a JIRA for that half a year back, HIVE-7375, I will
take a look.  It was unfortunate this was deprioritzed in favor of running
tests, which was not successful due to the time/resource taken.

Thanks
Szehon

PS all precommit tests are actually broken right now due to the build
machine not being able to checkout from ASF github, I have filed HIVE-10583
to fix it, will send a follow up email on that in another topic once that's
resolved.