Posted to dev@wink.apache.org by Mike Rheinheimer <ro...@apache.org> on 2010/04/09 16:50:40 UTC

Call for volunteers to run JAX-RS 1.1 TCK

Hi team,

My company will not allow me to sign the NDA to get and execute the
JAX-RS 1.1 TCK.  Would anyone be willing to volunteer to run the 1.1
TCK against the latest trunk build in preparation for Wink 1.1
release?  I'll take suggestions of whom to ask as well, of course.

Thanks much!
mike

Re: Call for volunteers to run JAX-RS 1.1 TCK

Posted by Michael Elman <ta...@gmail.com>.
It's ok with me.
I just mentioned it, since Jersey 1.1.* has dependency on Servlet 3, and it
has some impact on TCK 1.1.
However, I'm not sure if it will cause any problems or not.

Posted by Nicholas L Gallardo <nl...@us.ibm.com>.
Right, servlet 3.0 isn't required.

Section 2.3.2 says that it is "RECOMMENDED that implementations support the
Servlet 3 framework pluggability".  In other words, they would like to see
that 1.1 runtimes include a ContainerInitializer that the web container can
then call during startup.

This should be one of the top priorities in the next release and is
critical to our integration in Geronimo.

-Nick

             Bryant Luk
             <bryant.luk@gmail
                                       wink-dev@incubator.apache.org
             04/26/2010 09:35                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Call for volunteers to run
             Please respond to         JAX-RS 1.1 TCK
             wink-dev@incubato
               r.apache.org

Posted by Bryant Luk <br...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Michael.