Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Ryan Baxter <rb...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/11 03:56:54 UTC

Shindig Is Caching makeRequest Calls

Hi,

I am using the makeRequest API to make API calls to a URL that returns
an Atom feed, however the Atom feed returned from the makeRequest call
is being cached by Shindig.  I am setting
gadgets.io.RequestParameters.REFRESH_INTERVAL = 0 and it does not seem
to make a difference.  Is there any way to make sure Shindig does not
cache the response from the makeRequest call?

-Ryan

Re: Shindig Is Caching makeRequest Calls

Posted by Gagandeep Singh <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ryan

I don't know of a way of making makeRequestHandler not cache the request
response right now.
But usually a response being cached means that the response headers of the
page are probably incorrect.
You might want to try and reduce the max-age and expires cache headers your
feed lower so that the cache gets invalidated after some time.

--
The only thing missing in life is background music.
-- Gagandeep Singh