Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Saadiq Rodgers-King <sa...@nyc.rr.com> on 2002/10/06 23:12:25 UTC

2.0b8 and single quotes in html

I just installed Perl 5.6.1 and Embperl 2.0b8 on a box to start
transitioning my 1.3.4 stuff over.  Are single quotes no longer allowed
in html?  I was getting a compilation error because of a select option
including a single quote.

<option>St. Ann's Bay</option>

To fix I either had to use the html escape &#36; or make it a Perl
string to escape it like below.

<option>[+ 'St. Ann\'s Bay' +]</option>

Is this behaving as it should?  Thanks.

Saadiq

Re: 2.0b8 and single quotes in html

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> I just installed Perl 5.6.1 and Embperl 2.0b8 on a box to start
> transitioning my 1.3.4 stuff over.  Are single quotes no longer allowed
> in html?  I was getting a compilation error because of a select option
> including a single quote.
>
> <option>St. Ann's Bay</option>

This is a bug in 2.0b8. It's doesn't corretly escapes the signle quote when
it assigns the option value to the %idat hash.

I fix this as soon as possible

Gerald