Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by "Anil K. Vijendran" <ak...@Eng.Sun.COM> on 1999/08/06 00:25:12 UTC

JoSPer --> JaSPer?

For those that care, I'm wondering if we can rename JoSPer to JaSPer.

JaSPer like the friendly ghost. FWIW, JaSPer also means something:

jas.per \'jas-p*r\ \-p*-re-\ n [ME jaspre, fr. MF, fr. L jaspis, fr.
Gk
   iaspis, of Sem origi]n; akin to Heb ya-shehachek>pheh jasper 1: an
opaque
   cryptocrystalline quartz of any of several colors; esp : green
chalcedony
   2: a stoneware often given delicate coloration with metallic stains
while
   embossed designs are left white 3: a blackish green - jas.pery aj

--
Peace, Anil +<:-)

Re: JoSPer --> JaSPer?

Posted by Rogério Meneguelli Gatto <ga...@widesoft.com.br>.
I agree with the name change also.  I've already heard a coleague pronounce "JSP" as "JASP" (here in Brazil, it sounds "brittish" like J-AH-SP). So, +1.

Re: JoSPer --> JaSPer?

Posted by James Todd <ja...@eng.sun.com>.
agreed.