Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Leonardo Biagioli <lb...@bitbang.com> on 2018/06/05 12:56:18 UTC

Read from a Google Sheet based BigQuery table - Python SDK

Hi guys,
just wanted to ask you if there is a chance to read from a Sheet based BigQuery table from a Beam pipeline running on Dataflow...
I usually specify additional scopes to use through the authentication when running simple Python code to do the same, but I wasn't able to find a reference to something similar for Beam.
Could you please help?
Thank you very much!
Leonardo

Re: Read from a Google Sheet based BigQuery table - Python SDK

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@google.com>.
I don't think BQ federated tables support export jobs so reading directly
from such tables likely will not work. But reading using a query should
work if your job is authenticated properly  (I haven't tested this).

- Cham

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@google.com>.