Posted to dev@zeppelin.apache.org by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/23 15:14:54 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Zeppelin 0.9.0-preview1 (RC1)

Hi folks,

I propose the following RC to be released for the Apache Zeppelin
0.9.0-preview1 release.

The commit id is a74365c0813b451db1bc78def7d1ad1279429224 :
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=zeppelin.git;a=commit;h=a74365c0813b451db1bc78def7d1ad1279429224

This corresponds to the tag: v0.9.0-preview1-rc1 :
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=zeppelin.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/v0.9.0-preview1-rc1

The release archives (tgz), signature, and checksums are here
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/zeppelin/zeppelin-0.9.0-preview1-rc1/

The release candidate consists of the following source distribution archive
zeppelin-v0.9.0-preview1.tgz

In addition, the following supplementary binary distributions are provided
for user convenience at the same location
zeppelin-0.9.0-preview1-bin-all.tgz

The maven artifacts are here
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachezeppelin-1276/org/apache/zeppelin/

You can find the KEYS file here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/zeppelin/KEYS

Release notes available at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12342692&styleName=&projectId=12316221

Vote will be open for next 72 hours (close at 7am 26/March PDT).

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] 0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Zeppelin 0.9.0-preview1 (RC1)

Posted by NineQS CloverHearts <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1

보낸 사람: Khalid Huseynov <kh...@apache.org>
회신 대상: "users@zeppelin.apache.org" <us...@zeppelin.apache.org>
날짜: 2020년 3월 26일 목요일 오후 4:48
받는 사람: "users@zeppelin.apache.org" <us...@zeppelin.apache.org>
참조: dev <de...@zeppelin.apache.org>
주제: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Zeppelin 0.9.0-preview1 (RC1)

+ 1

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 4:19 PM Xun Liu <li...@apache.org>> wrote:
+1

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 5:33 AM moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>> wrote:
+1

Tested
 - The binary package can run tutorial notebook out of the box
 - Can build docker image
    - scripts/docker/zeppelin/bin/Dockerfile give me some error on R
dependency installation. But I think it's not a blocker. We can address it
on next RC.
 - Zeppelin on Kubernetes
    - Everything but Spark-2.4.5 does not run out of the box. I think it is
not a blocker. We can address it on next RC.

Posted by NineQS CloverHearts <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Khalid Huseynov <kh...@apache.org>.
+ 1

Posted by Khalid Huseynov <kh...@apache.org>.
+ 1

Posted by Xun Liu <li...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Xun Liu <li...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Prabhjyot Singh <pr...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eric,

Docker image will be created after the release. Regarding the note upgrade,
you can use bin/upgrade-note.sh

Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com> 于2020年3月25日周三 下午11:42写道:

Posted by Prabhjyot Singh <pr...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com>.
Out of curiosity, is there a Docker version of 0.9.0 preview1 available?  I tend to run Zeppelin as a Docker image, and I know I had some challenges with the 0.8.x line of Docker images from https://hub.docker.com/r/apache/zeppelin <https://hub.docker.com/r/apache/zeppelin>.

_______________________
Eric Pugh | Founder & CEO | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 434.466.1467 | http://www.opensourceconnections.com <http://www.opensourceconnections.com/> | My Free/Busy <http://tinyurl.com/eric-cal>

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com>.

Posted by Yadong Xie <vt...@gmail.com>.
+1

Jongyoul Lee <jo...@gmail.com> 于2020年3月25日周三 下午1:55写道:

Posted by Jongyoul Lee <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
이종열, Jongyoul Lee, 李宗烈
http://madeng.net

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Zeppelin 0.9.0-preview1 (RC1)

Posted by Sam Nicholson <sa...@ogt11.com>.
+1

Posted by Jongyoul Lee <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
이종열, Jongyoul Lee, 李宗烈
http://madeng.net

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Zeppelin 0.9.0-preview1 (RC1)

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com>.
Not sure if this is useful in the upgrade notes, but I was able to run inside of Zeppelin running in Docker:

%sh
./bin/upgrade-note.sh

I did have to stop and restart the Docker setup to pick up the newly upgraded notebooks, however it worked great.

Eric

_______________________

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com>.

_______________________