Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Leo Leo <le...@gmx.at> on 2005/02/25 11:07:46 UTC

2 Questions about logging

Hello!

I have 2 questions about logging:

1.) The timestamp in the logfile (.jtl). Is is the time, the request was
sent to the server, or the time Jmeter got an answer?

2.)
I'd like to know, if it is possible to log not only the response-data, but
also the requests (esp. HTTP requests), like in the "View Results Tree". If
I log the "View Results Tree" log to a file, the .jtl-File is the same as
f.e. the "View Results in Table"-Log. The detailed request (and response
from the server) would be important for me. Since I'd have to use JMeter for
production purposes mainly from command-line, the HTTP-requests are not
logged? Since we are using mainly HTTPS, the proxy-server will not work.
What I would need are the results dsiplay in the "Results Tree" (the first 2
Tabs).

Badboy is great for recording the initial requests, but cant be used during
the performance-test...

Did I overlooked an appropriate component?

Thank you,
Leo

--
DSL Komplett von GMX +++ Superg�nstig und stressfrei einsteigen!
AKTION "Kein Einrichtungspreis" nutzen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

Re: 2 Questions about logging

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
Try turning on "Functional Testing" in the Test Plan element.  This
should cause all these details to be logged.  Just don't be surprised
that the resulting .jtl file becomes large fast.

-Mike

--
Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>
Apache Software Foundation

Re: 2 Questions about logging

Posted by Leo Leo <le...@gmx.at>.
Hello Sebb!

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 12:28:07 GMT
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1

==> Can I log this data somehow?

Thanks, Leo

--
Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail

Re: 2 Questions about logging

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.