Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Miloš Bielik <bi...@kyberos.sk> on 2009/08/23 17:25:16 UTC

multiple project configurations

I'm new to cayenne, so I'll appreciate and welcome every hint or advice.

I have developed web framework to build web portals. Now I plan refactor
framework to use Apache Cayenne.
I run multiple independent customer webapps running on one application
server instance (tomcat). My framework is always managed and deployed
per webapp (handling users, dms, cms, logs,...). Webapp handles only own
domain objects (orders, invoices...).

1. How can I configure cayenne to use *more configurations*/projects? I
don't want always to merge framework's domains with webapp's ones for
every new project/deployment.
2. How can I setup the JNDI *DataSource names in runtime*?

My proposed webapp structure is:
/{webapp JSPs...}
/WEB-INF/classes/{my webapp stuff}
/WEB-INF/classes/{*cayenne.xml* ...config for webapp}
/WEB-INF/lib/{frameworkUsingCayenne.jar, this jar contains framework's
*cayenn.xml* config}

--
Bielik

Re: multiple project configurations

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Hi,

> 1. How can I configure cayenne to use *more configurations*/
> projects? I
> don't want always to merge framework's domains with webapp's ones for
> every new project/deployment.

Auto merge of multiple configurations is on the TODO lист, but don't
have ит currently. So you'll have to do it yourself. E.g. exclude
cayenne.xml from frameworkUsingCayenne.jar, and then manually add
shared datamaps to /WEB-INF/classes/cayenne.xml.

> 2. How can I setup the JNDI *DataSource names in runtime*?

Any dynamic / non-standard DataSource configuration is done by setting
a custom DataSourceFactory class in the Modeler for your DataNode.
Here is the interface you need ti implement:

http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/api/org/apache/cayenne/conf/DataSourceFactory.html

Hope this helps.

Andrus