Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Haraburda <da...@haraburda.com> on 2000/12/19 21:18:10 UTC

Question about default servlet in Tomcat 3.2.1

Hi,

I am having a problem with Tomcat 3.2.1 (I am using Java 1.2.2 on Linux)
and I am wondering if anyone is expierencing the same thing.

When I startup Tomcat 3.2.1, I get an error message saying "cannot load
servlet name: default".  Tomcat continues to load, but I am having some
other problems, and I'm not sure what's going on exactly, so now I'm
looking at this possibly being the problem.  I noticed in the web.xml
that comes with Tomcat 3.2.1 that that the servlet-class for the default
servlet is still org.apache.tomcat.servlets.DefaultServlet, which no
longer exists (in fact, it looks like the whole servlets directory was
removed with the 3.2 release).  Is there a different class I should be
using as the default?  I saw in CVS a noted that said
org.apache.tomcat.request.StaticInterceptor replaced DefaultServlet.  Do
I need to do anything with this?  I tried removing the whole default
<servlet> section from my web.xml, but I still get the error.  I'm not
sure if this is causing my problem or not, but right now I'm just
looking to eliminate the error message.

Thanks,

David