Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/19 15:39:57 UTC

Thread local readpoint would be dropped from MultiVersionConsistencyControl

Hi,
In HBASE-9754 , there is refactoring which drops perThreadReadPoint
from MultiVersionConsistencyControl.
There're two reasons for this:
1. Using ThreadLocal in hot path affects performance
2. The readpoint is passed from RegionScannerImpl to various Scanner
classes. This can be done through passing readpoint parameter directly.

MultiVersionConsistencyControl is marked @InterfaceAudience.Private in 0.96
and trunk.
In 0.94, there is no such annotation.

I want to see if any user (other than Phoenix) calls
MultiVersionConsistencyControl#setThreadReadPoint() directly.

Cheers

Re: Thread local readpoint would be dropped from MultiVersionConsistencyControl

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.
+user

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.
+user