Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de> on 2001/09/27 18:16:50 UTC

AW: Apache 1.3.20 + Tomcat 4.0 + Cocoon2

You can mount the cocoon-Context as root context in Tomcat (see Tomcat
documentation), this is a much easier way to get rid of the
"cocoon"-Prefix.

Stefan

Re: AW: Apache 1.3.20 + Tomcat 4.0 + Cocoon2

Posted by Christopher Cobb <cc...@phtek.com>.
Well, you may want apache as a production server because it has widespread
use, has a good track record, has near infinite flexibility and will probably
perform better in some areas than tomcat.  However, that's not to say that
you can't use Tomcat for production.  Many people do, as seen by some recent
announcements.

It depends on what you are looking for in a production server.  If 'free' is
a major requirement, I think Apache and Tomcat are your main choices.  (Of
course, if you are using Apache, you are probably still using Tomcat for java
support.)  I think Resin is still free for non-commercial use, as is Orion.
JRun is free for development only.  Jetty uses jasper, aka tomcat.

I have used Resin in the past an was pleased.  It attempts to be a good
performer.  I have never used Orion but have heard good things about it.

cc

Posted by Chris Newland <ch...@emorphia.com>.
Hi Stefan, Chris

RE: Apache 1.3.20 + Tomcat 4.0 + Cocoon2

Posted by Luca Morandini <l....@tin.it>.

	Good idea ! I must confess I didn't even think about it.

	Could you please write a FAQ entry about it and send it to Davanum (
dims@yahoo.com ) for insertion in the Cocoon FAQ file ?

	Therefore, it could appear alongside the mod_rewrite way I proposed...
(though I think yours is better... mhhh).

Thanks in advance,

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant
              lmorandini@ieee.org