Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/23 08:54:35 UTC

New Performance Test from Markus: Memory analysis

Hi,

I just finished posting Markus' last analysis from his continuing
performance tests:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ESME/Performance+test+-+2009-11-22

Very interesting results.

@Markus: maybe you can check the wiki page to make sure my editing
hasn't added any errors.

Thanks.

D.

Re: New Performance Test from Markus: Memory analysis

Posted by Markus Kohler <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,
Would be great if we could achieve that, because that means most companies
would only need one server (ok + a failover instance) .
Let's slowly work towards these numbers.
We could even user more heap, if that would turn out to be  the problem. The
concurrent mark and sweep collector works very well with only minor "stop
the world" phases at least up to 6,5 Gbyte.

Regards,
Markus

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it" -- Alan Kay

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 5:39 PM, David Pollak <feeder.of.the.bears@gmail.com

Posted by David Pollak <fe...@gmail.com>.
My back of the napkin sizing when I first started developing ESME was that a

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.