Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ken nashua <nh...@hotmail.com> on 2006/10/16 16:51:30 UTC

Component ApplicationRuntimeException Tap-4.1.1 help please (thanks)

Guys,

I am just testing out a simple @ShowMessages component that highlights text
whereby the *.html and *.jwc are located under my WEB-INF/proto/component/
directory

---> Here is the proto.library file
<library-specification>
    <description>Prototype Component library</description>
    <library id="proto"
specification-path="/proto/component/proto.library"/>
    <component-type type="ShowError" specification-path="ShowError.jwc"/>
    <component-type type="ShowMessages"
specification-path="ShowMessages.jwc"/>
</library-specification>

---> Here is the proto.application file
<application name="tap.proto" >
value="proto/component"/>
	<library id="contrib"
specification-path="/org/apache/tapestry/contrib/Contrib.library"/>
	<library id="contrib" specification-path="/proto/component/proto.library"/>
</application>

---> Here is the exception
Component 'ShowMessages' not found in Namespace@cac02f[<application>].
location: 	context:/Login.html, line 11
6	<form jwcid="@Form"
7	success="listener:onFormSubmit"
8	cancel="listener:onFormCancel" name="loginForm"
9	clientValidationEnabled="ognl:true" delegate="bean:validationDelegate">
10
11	<span jwcid="@ShowMessages"/>

The proto.library is also jar'd up beneath the
/WEB-INF/classes/proto/component/  path within the zip file that maven
creates.

I hope I am nto required to go as far as instrumenting the java file just to
operate this component.
Would you have any ideas why ta-4.1.1 is not seeing this trivial component?

Thanks in advance

---> Here is a simple usage snippet... if I omit the @ShowMessages, this
html renders fine.
	<form jwcid="@Form"

Re: Component ApplicationRuntimeException Tap-4.1.1 help please (thanks)

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
It looks like you are defining the "contrib" library ID twice, once to the
Tapestry contrib library and once to your proto library?

I think you shuold be doing something more like:

<application name="tap.proto" >
value="proto/component"/>
       <library id="contrib"
specification-path="/org/apache/tapestry/contrib/Contrib.library"/>
       <library id="proto"
specification-path="/proto/component/proto.library"/>
</application>

You probably shouldn't recursively define the proto library within the
proto.library specification itself either. (Though I'm not sure if this
should break anything).

Once you make those changes you should be able to reference your component
via @proto:ShowMessages .

On 10/16/06, Ken nashua <nh...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I am just testing out a simple @ShowMessages component that highlights
> text
> whereby the *.html and *.jwc are located under my WEB-INF/proto/component/
> directory
>
> ---> Here is the proto.library file
> <library-specification>
>     <description>Prototype Component library</description>
>     <library id="proto"
> specification-path="/proto/component/proto.library"/>
>     <component-type type="ShowError" specification-path="ShowError.jwc"/>
>     <component-type type="ShowMessages"
> specification-path="ShowMessages.jwc"/>
> </library-specification>
>
> ---> Here is the proto.application file
> <application name="tap.proto" >
> value="proto/component"/>
>         <library id="contrib"
> specification-path="/org/apache/tapestry/contrib/Contrib.library"/>
>         <library id="contrib"
> specification-path="/proto/component/proto.library"/>
> </application>
>
> ---> Here is the exception
> Component 'ShowMessages' not found in Namespace@cac02f[<application>].
> location:       context:/Login.html, line 11
> 6       <form jwcid="@Form"
> 7       success="listener:onFormSubmit"
> 8       cancel="listener:onFormCancel" name="loginForm"
> 9       clientValidationEnabled="ognl:true"
> delegate="bean:validationDelegate">
> 10
> 11      <span jwcid="@ShowMessages"/>
>
> The proto.library is also jar'd up beneath the
> /WEB-INF/classes/proto/component/  path within the zip file that maven
> creates.
>
> I hope I am nto required to go as far as instrumenting the java file just
> operate this component.
> Would you have any ideas why ta-4.1.1 is not seeing this trivial
> component?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> ---> Here is a simple usage snippet... if I omit the @ShowMessages, this
> html renders fine.
>         <form jwcid="@Form"
>         success="listener:onFormSubmit"
>         cancel="listener:onFormCancel" name="loginForm"
>         clientValidationEnabled="ognl:true"
> delegate="bean:validationDelegate">

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo/(and a dash of TestNG), team member/developer